Man Pleads Not Guilty in Caught-on-Video Assault at Hollywood Metro Station

He also faces an allegation that he “inflicted great bodily injury” on the victim. (Credit: Lake Cunningham)

×
Man Pleads Not Guilty in Caught-on-Video Assault at Hollywood Metro Station

Video shows a man punching another man at the Hollywood and Vine Metro station on Dec. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department was able to launch an investigation after KTLA tipped off deputies about the cellphone video of the incident posted on social media by Cunningham, who described it as a “senseless crime.” Based on this evidence, officials were able to arrest Hanson. He had previously admitted to being the perpetrator in the video of the assault. James A. Hanson, of Culver City, was formally charged with assault my means of force likely to produce great bodily injury. Video shows a man punching another man at the Hollywood and Vine Metro station on Dec. 13, 2016. 3, according to the DA’s office. 34.101636
-118.326674 Hanson allegedly punched the 59-year-old victim in the face about 1 a.m. Dec. He is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 13, 2016. (Credit: Lake Cunningham)

A 32-year-old man pleaded not guilty to assaulting a homeless man at Hollywood Metro station in an incident that was caught on camera, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said Monday. 13 while the victim looked away, officials said.